For those rare occasions when you need your phone to actually work as a phone.
This is a manually updated list of changes made to Blandroid.
A full list of git commits can be viewed from the RSS feed.
(Github is not currently providing commits for organizations. Changes can be viewed at each repository page until this is fixed.)
- Switch browser and quick search box to search google.com over SSL (if using Google as the search provider).
- Merged AOSP 2.3.6 and 2.3.7 code drops.
- Added support for the Nexus S 4G (crespo4g) on Sprint.
- Added an option to the desk clock/alarm application to speak the time after pressing the snooze button.
- Added an option to the desk clock/alarm application to have a large snooze button.
- Added DuckDuckGo as a search provider in the web browser.
- Removed DigiNotar root SSL certificate from libcore's list of trusted roots. This does not affect applications which contain their own list of root certificates, but it's a start.
- Added a system update tool that does background polling for new Blandroid releases (every 2 days by default) to make it easier to download and install new releases.
- In the SMS app, show times for messages received prior to the current day. Previously these messages would only show a date.
- Fixed an issue with the global reboot menu. When cancelling out of it, the reboot menu would show up when later trying to access the shutdown menu.
- Imported CMScreenshot app from CyanogenMod and added a screenshot function to the global power menu. Now screenshots can be taken natively from anywhere by holding down the power menu and selecting "Take Screenshot". Screenshots show up as PNG files in the DCIM/Screenshots directory on the SD card.
- Added a setting to disable showing failed lock patterns. Most useful when the "Use visible pattern" option is disabled.
- Merged AOSP 2.3.5 code drop.
- Merged advanced settings for the Camera app from CyanogenMod that allow the volume keys to be used as shutter buttons.
- No longer build/include PinyinIME. It does not work and Google has a working version in the Market.
- Enabled SIP over non-wifi connections.
- Adjusted device name ("samsung" vs "Samsung") on crespo so that the Netflix app works.
- 2.3.4p1 released
- Recovery system upgraded to ClockworkMod Recovery 22.214.171.124
- Backend release engineering: since switching to signed releases, the change committed for suppressing the build date checks (so that users can rollback to previous releases) in the upgrade zips was no longer being applied. This change was applied to the private release building scripts.
- Added new files from the experimental (2.3.4) Google Apps zip to the list of files to backup when doing an upgrade.
- Adjusted camera JPEG compression quality for "super fine" down to 97% for slightly smaller photos, while making the "fine" setting 90% (the stock default for "super fine") and the "normal" setting 78%. This should allow users to have a higher maximum while still being able to access lower quality settings to save space.
- Merged AOSP 2.3.4 code drop.
- Bundled a larger set of stock notification sounds so that screen unlock/lock and low battery notifications are played.
- Relaxed bootloader requirements for Nexus S to include I9020XXJK1, which is apparently an old test bootloader that Google was using.
- Added an appropriately bland Blandroid boot animation.
- Backend release engineering: releases are now being signed with proper, private keys instead of the AOSP set of test keys.
- Implemented an option for linked ringer and media/music volumes. When combined with the linked notification volume option already present, this lets all 3 major volume controls be set with the hardware volume buttons, in addition to any software controls.
- Added customizable number of vibration iterations (up to 5) for MMS app.
- Increased camera JPEG compression quality up to 98% for clearer (but larger) photos.
- Added the ability for devices with a trackball to wake the screen when the trackball is pressed, if enabled in the settings. This is useful on the Nexus One which commonly has its power button go bad.
- Fixed build infrastructure issue with development APN file being installed over new, bigger list.
- 2.3.3p4 released
- Updated recovery image to ClockworkMod 126.96.36.199
- Fixed build infrastructure issue with recovery images not having busybox installed properly, causing the Google App backup tool to not function properly.
- Disabled build date check in upgrade packages, so that versions can be downgraded.
- Imported a large list of APNs for most worldwide GSM carriers to replace the default AOSP list of only T-Mobile's APNs.
- 2.3.3p3 released
- Added a specific reboot icon to the global power menu.
- The ro.rommanager.developerid property is now being set so that the 3rd party ROM Manager application can automatically download new Blandroid releases.
- Disabled data roaming by default.
- Fixed recovery image generation which was causing MD5 generation/verification of backups to fail in the recovery image.
- Set ro.modversion and show it in the Settings app as the firmware version.
- Created vendor/blandroid tree for all build overrides.
- Removed cts from the manifest; it is not needed.
- Only include short hostname in ro.build.host so full hostnames of developers are not exposed to users.
- Added zoom control setting to Webkit/browser.
- Move user agent setting in browser into the normal (non-debug) menu.
- Increase the maximum number of browser tabs to 16.
- Added a "copy all" option to the long-press menu for all text boxes.
- Re-did camera shutter sound control as a system setting, due to libcameraservice.
- Busybox and Superuser linked into the build.
- Reboot option added to global power-down menu.
- Added shutter sound control to Camera application.
Copyright © 2011 joshua stein